Thursday, March 27, 2008

Growing Younger

Sometimes in life we just have to stop and look at things through the eyes of a child. I remember childhood as a time when colors were brighter, the birds all sang a pretty song, and imagination was not stifled by everyday affairs. To be child-like is something I strive toward ... not to be immature or irresponsible but to open my eyes to greater possibility, more imagination, and a greater sense of joy and wonder.

Help Me Believe - Nichole Nordeman
"Take me back to the time
when I was maybe eight or nine
and I believed.
When Jesus walked on waters blue
and if He helped me I could too
if I believed.
Before rational analysis and systematic thinking
robbed me of a sweet simplicity
when wonders and when mysteries
were far less often silly dreams
and childhood fantasies.
Help me believe
'cause I don't want to miss any miracles.
Maybe I'd see much better by closing my eyes
and I would shed this grown up skin I'm in
to touch an angel's wing
and I could be free.
Help me believe."

No comments: